Some Spider Studios is joining forces with the International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV) and Just For Laughs in search of the funniest, most innovative digital-first (or short-form) comedy content. In the entertainment industry’s ever-changing environment, digital-first content has found its home on the web, video streaming services, and social media platforms. In the “Playing It Short” Pitch Program, five teams with iron-clad concepts and backbones of steel have been selected to pitch their ideas to a panel of hard-nosed comedy experts. One winner will be selected during the event to receive a complimentary one-year membership to the IAWTV as well as 2 tickets to attend the next IAWTV Awards. The winner will also receive a free trip (flight, hotel and festival pass) to the 2018 edition of the Just For Laughs Festival.
There will also be a 15-minute open question period at the end of the session.
– Sandra Payne (Vice Chairman, International Academy of Web Television)
– Spencer Griffin (SVP, Executive Producer, Big Breakfast)
– Josh Poole (Vice President of Development, Above Average)
– Zoe Friedman (SVP of Development, Blue Ribbon Content)
– Laura Schwartz (New Form Digital)
– Peter Putka (Executive Producer of Content Development & Production, Some Spider)
– Jo Scott & Jeff Murdoch (Curfeud)
– Maximilian Clark & Brendan Sokley (The Grown Up Adventures of Fink and Puzzy)
– Lauren Corber (Hit on Me)
– Sophie Fabilli & Michelle Ale (Fatal Murder Mystery)
– Peter Carlone & Chris Wilson (Peter N’ Chris Experience)
Access: ALL pass holders are allowed into this event