COMEDYPRO is a UNIQUE global gathering of the biggest players in the comedy world that explores all facets of comedy. COMEDYPRO is a four-day event which takes place in July during the peak industry/media/performer dates of the Montreal Just For Laughs Festival. At Just For Laughs, we take humour seriously. Our Festival has become a world-renowned entertainment landmark, recognized for the quality of its content and the professionalism of its staff.
THREE REASONS why you should get off your ass, spend money, and make your way to COMEDYPRO in Montreal:
1) ACCESSIBILITY – You can’t get any closer than this to the biggest stars and the biggest players in the comedy industry. At COMEDYPRO, we’re all equals!
2) An ALL-STAR CAST in a completely relaxed environment. Past participants include: Judd Apatow, Todd Phillips, Jay Roach, Paul Feig, Lewis Black, Steven Levitan, Jason Reitman, Edgar Wright, Louis CK, Patton Oswalt, Marc Maron, Chelsea Handler, Mitch Hurwitz, Amy Poehler, Seth Rogen, Andy Samberg, Bill Burr, the cast and creators of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and so much more!
3) BIG BANG FOR YOUR BUCK – Registration is only $425-$600 USD and gets you ACCESS to EVERYTHING:
• The three-day conference
• Industry lunches and cocktails
• Just For Laughs Awards Show
• All-star Midnight party
• and LIVE shows at the best comedy festival in the world!
The Just For Laughs Festival, presented by Videotron in association with Loto-Québec, is gearing up for its 32nd anniversary and this year’s edition will be as funny as ever! The English component of the festival will be running from July 9th – July 27th this year, in order to accommodate our ever-growing programming roster and to make sure that everyone can see every show, without missing a beat. We’re bringing back festival favourites like the Nasty Show, the Ethnic Show, New Faces of Comedy, and many others, but expect a slew of new and exciting shows as well. Plus Off-JFL and the Comicpro Series are back for another year of diverse programming. Stay tuned for show and concert announcements and get ready for our best festival yet.
At Just For Laughs, we take humour seriously. Our Festival has become a world-renowned entertainment landmark, recognized for the quality of its content and the professionalism of its staff. Gilbert Rozon decided to create a comedy extravaganza – a worldwide first – to propagate good humour and bring the gift of laughter to as many people as possible.
On July 14, 1983 he launched this singular concept: Just for kicks, just for the thrill of it, just for fun and, ultimately, Just For Laughs. For four days, 16 artists performed 35 shows on four stages. Thirty years later, nearly 2000 artists and over 1.5 million people take part in the event, which is broadcast to millions of faithful fans all over the world. What’s the real reason for the ongoing success of the Festival? Our philosophy is that comedy can be reinvented year-after-year and that laughter is a key element in bringing together people from all walks of life.
Just For Laughs WEBSITE: www.hahaha.com