For the sixth consecutive year, the New York Television Festival (NYTVF) and Just For Laughs will showcase five new program ideas presented by the comedians, writers and sketch-performers who created them. Presented by Project 10, “From Set to Screen” is an open-pitch format that invites selected participants to pitch their projects to a panel of industry experts. Some of the world’s most beloved shows have stemmed from comedy performers – from classic television like Roseanne and Seinfeld to more current programming ranging from FX’s Louie, Netflix’s Master of None and Comedy Central’s Inside Amy Schumer, to IFC’s Comedy Bang! Bang! and Amazon’s Transparent. The history of comedy has been built and sustained by the performers themselves, and we’re in search of the next big thing: a show that can uniquely translate a comedic voice to the small screen, be it scripted or unscripted programming. One (1) winner will be selected during the event and invited to participate as an “Official Artist” in the New York Television Festival.
There will also be a 15-minute open question period at the end of the session.
– Andrew Barnsley (President and Executive Producer, Project 10)
– Colin Davis (Senior Director, Original Programming, TBS)
– Bill Lundy (Production Executive, Comedy, Bell Media)
– Kate Lambert (Senior Vice President, Series Development and Animation, FX Networks)
– Rob Gati (Original Programming Executive, Hulu)
– Monika Zielinska (Senior VP Talent & Development, West Coast, Comedy Central)
– Dahéli Hall and HaJ (Angry Black Women)
– Courtney Karwal and Natalie Rose Young (Doug and Devi)
– Melanie Backer and Cary Bickley (Gamers)
– Kyle Radke and Matt Kelly (Mrs. Football)
– Jacques Barrett (The Removalists)
Panel Introduction by Terence Gray (Founder and Executive Director of the New York Television Festival)
Access: ALL pass holders are allowed into this event